As quality craftsmen, we want you to be happy with your Blackdown® shepherd hut. We also want you to be happy in the unlikely event that problems arise with your Blackdown® shepherd hut, so we like to be very transparent about the after-sales care and warranties we give.
As a Blackdown® customer, we will always listen to your issue and try to put a solution in place. That is why, in addition to your statutory rights, we offer you the following 10 year limited warranty on our shepherd hut products.
We warrant that the following key elements of your Blackdown® shepherd hut, which we manufacture and assemble ourselves, will be free from defects in design, materials and workmanship for 10 years from the date of delivery (“Warranty Period“):
|For bespoke and ex-display Blackdown® shepherd huts:||For Self-build Blackdown® shepherd huts:|
|Cast iron wheels||Cast iron wheels|
|External structure (including water ingress)||Roof sheets|
- during the Warranty Period you give us notice in writing within a reasonable time of discovery that your shepherd hut does not comply with our warranty;
- you give us the opportunity to examine your shepherd hut and/or you provide us with such information and documents as we may reasonably require (e.g. photographs of the alleged defect with your shepherd hut), and we agree with you that the shepherd hut (or a part of it) does not comply with the above warranty; and
- if we ask you to do so, you make your shepherd hut available for collection and return to us (at our cost),
your sole and exclusive remedy shall be that we will, within a reasonable time of agreeing that your shepherd hut does not comply with our warranty, arrange/provide (at our sole discretion and cost) a repair of the defect with your shepherd hut, a partial refund of the price paid for the defective shepherd hut and/or a replacement for the defective shepherd hut.
When you notify us of an alleged defect with your shepherd hut, it will help us in processing your enquiry if you send us a copy of your proof of purchase, your original order number, your contact details and a description of the problem.
We will not be liable to you for your shepherd hut’s failure to comply with our warranty if any of the following apply:
you make further use of your shepherd hut, after giving us notice that you believe it is defective;
- the defect arises because you failed to follow our oral or written instructions as to the storage, commissioning, installation, use and/or maintenance of your shepherd hut;
- you (or someone acting on your behalf) alters, modifies or repairs your shepherd hut without our written consent – for this reason, our warranty on self-build shepherd huts is limited, as set out above (and does not apply to the external structure);
- the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, abuse, negligence or abnormal storage or working conditions. For example, our warranty would not cover rust, oxidation, fading and/or other blemishes to metal components and/or cosmetic or colouring changes, weathering or cracks in wooden or composite components, some/all of which may affect your shepherd hut during the normal course of its use.
If you are a consumer, nothing in this agreement excludes or limits your statutory legal rights (for example, those arising under the Consumer Rights Act 2015).
Our warranty is not transferable or assignable. Therefore, the benefit of the warranty is only available to the first purchaser of the Blackdown® shepherd hut in question.
Third party items/materials
Your Blackdown® shepherd hut may include items/materials that have been provided to us by third party suppliers, who have passed our quality control tests. Where possible, we will pass on to you the benefit of any warranties we receive from them (to the extent we are able to do so).
Indicative (non-exhaustive and non-binding) examples of such third party items/materials and the estimated duration of their respective warranties are:
- roof sheets (up to 30 years)
- Fridge (dependent on manufacturer and model)
- Shower (dependent on manufacturer and model)
- Log burners/fires (3 years)
- Window glass (5 years)
- Paint on joinery (3 years).
Specific information about third party items and their warranties is available on request.